Thursday, August 17, 2017

Summer's Coming To A Close, But The Hot Reads Keep Coming! Heather Killough-Walden, LaShawn Vasser, and Chevelle Allen

Shout out to all my bibliophiles out there! It's time for me to catch you up on what I've been reading and my picks for I really, really think should be added to the infamous #TBRL. So here we go! Let's start off with some Heather Killough-Walden.

A few days I got the shock of my life! I was sitting on my porch reading my most recent Kindle eBook, and out of the blue the name Heather Killough-Walden came to mind. Heather is the writer of one of my favorite paranormal romance series, the "King Series". I had read up to book 5 and much to my chagrin, what I thought was book 7 was really book 8! I had totally missed several installations on the series and now a new was had just been released. I automatically warmed up my Amazon One Click finger and purchased book 7, 9, 10, and 11. Then it was time to get to work!

I wish I had time to walk you through all of the books that I just read, but that would be a bit much; however I am going to talk about The Nightmare King, book 11 in the series.

First, let me start by saying that if you're a series kinds of reader, then Killough-Walden is an author that you need to keep in serious rotation. One of the things that I enjoy about her series is that each book can be read as a stand alone. The min characters story lines are complete, even though there is a cliff hanger that leads you into the next book in the series. From the first book she tells us that there will be 13 Kings and Queens, but trust me when I say that each story is a fresh look at so many of the types of characters that you may come across is the realm of the paranormal. I'm not going to give away any spoilers, but if the Nightmare King as as Killough-Walden has created Him then bring on the Nightmares!!



"When she was fourteen, Adelaide Lane made a choice that landed her in the ICU of her town’s general hospital. Her prognosis was not good. When against all odds she woke up, it was to find that she had re-entered life not only with physical and mental scars, but with the ability to see into the future.
For twenty years, Addie has used this power to do good in a world gone bad. It isn’t easy, and it’s often illegal. To make matters worse, of late she’s experienced a vision more horrible than any before – and she has no idea how to stop the event from occurring.
Adelaide’s life is chaos. What she doesn’t have time for is love, and she’s certain there’s no one on Earth who would have anything to do with her topsy-turvy life anyway.

Nick has only been alive for a few short hours. He is the Nightmare King, the sovereign of a race of incubi as old as time. When his previous form was murdered by a traitor amidst the thirteen supernatural factions, he was reborn into the handsome but notorious man, Nicholas Wargrave. Housed in a new body with a new reputation, he is instantly fighting against an ancient foe, the Challenger, a man who disputes his position as king every time Nicholas is reborn.
Nick not only has to get used to the new life given to him and withstand the Challenger’s attacks, he has to confront the Entity who issued his death in the first place. So he’s vastly unprepared when he comes face to face with the most beautiful soul he has ever beheld – and realizes the woman housing that soul is his fated queen.

Now his priorities are completely rearranged. Adelaide comes first.
The problem is, the Challenger feels the same way.

And so does the Entity who killed him.

The Nightmare King is book eleven in The Kings series, by New York Times and USA Today bestselling paranormal romance author, Heather Killough-Walden."


Next Up! The Room, by LaShawn Vasser. Again we have another one of my faves. What can I say about LaShawn, she has a beautiful way of producing of a well crafted romance that gives you just enough surprise, just enough fire that culminates in the heat that we all want in a great romance. I'm sorry, by the time I finish a book, if I haven't had to fan myself or wipe a tear, the writer didn't do their job. Again, no spoilers here, but, I DID NOT SEE THAT ONE COMIN'!

Back to the book, let me point out that for those of  you into BDSM, The Room is NOT what you're looking for. On a personal tip....I'm starting to get a bit tired of reading books with the BDSM angle. I know that it has its niche out there in reader land, but I don't think EVERY author out there has to try and write it. This book is made for the die hard romance purist. Thank you LaSawn for another stellar getaway for the mind.

"Robyn Levy was over chasing the superficial. Her days were empty and downright unsatisfying.
Wake up.
Work hard.
Spend her nights alone. 
And, start all over again . . . until she entered THE ROOM. 
Maxwell Bryant has always known exactly what he wanted and stopped at nothing to get it. 
But, one goal continued to remain elusive. Or, was it finally within reach?
Find out what happens in THE ROOM – A Sensuous Experience."


Now for my unexpected Kindle surprise!!Asira Awakens by Chevelle Allen. For the life of me I can't remember how I cam across this title, but I'm glad that I did. I am always, ALWAYS looking for a new paranormal romance author, and the fact that it's also an IR romance was the cherry on top. As far as I can tell Asira Awakens is a stand alone (too bad, this one should have a sequel)

I had read an Amazon review or maybe it was Goodreads, but the reader said that the beginning was a bit confusing for her, but after that it was a joy. I didn't find the beginning confusing at all, but what I will tell you all while trying not to give any spoilers, is that Chevelle did her history homework. There are moments of historical flashback, but it works seamlessly to help push the plot along.

So please, PLEASE add this one to your TBRL.

"As Chief Archivist at St. Mary University in Detroit, Deborah Brooks is smart, beautiful, and focused. Deep within the archives she cares for letters, diaries, books. and family records, each telling stories of lives lived long ago. Yet nothing excites her more than making new discoveries among the storied collections. When the University receives the Dubois Collection anonymously, along with a multi-million dollar gift to protect it, Deborah is more than intrigued to discover its secrets.

Little prepares her for an unexpected visit from the donor—the sexy Englishman, Ben Stewart. He is relentless, charming, and far more than she imagines. He shatters everything she thought she knew… about herself. Together, they unravel the secrets of the Dubois Collection finding love and mounting danger along the way.

But it’s Ben’s utterance of one word—awaken—that triggers a flurry of unrelenting visions she can’t escape. Deborah soon learns the visions are key to unraveling the mystery that binds her to Ben. Can they save each other, or will he lead to her ultimate demise?"


So that's it for this round! If you have a book that you would like to suggest, or if you're an author and have a book that you would like for me to review, please feel free to hit me up!

Much Love,
Pandora

No comments:

Post a Comment