Friday, April 26, 2019

By Simone Rivers - Bring It On! The Winters Billionaire Brother's

It's been a while...I know, I know. I say that all the time, but truth be told, it's taken me all this time to actually find a book(s) that inspired me to want to do a review. Well, I'm happy to say that all that's changed. How did it happen you ask? Well, I'll tell you.

On this particular day I had become as disgusted with my romance pickin's as I had ever been. Don't get me wrong, there are some incredible romance writers out there that I love and admire, who's books have never steered me wrong. (and this is the point where I lost the entire book review and had to start all over again....this totally ducks, but what can you do) However, it has been a really long time since I'd read anything that actually inspired me to want to write a review. That is until I stumbled onto Simone River's "Mall Santa's Christmas Family". What a breath of fresh air! From the stale "blah, blah, blah" that I had been stuck with as of late, to not one but four serious page turners.

Simone does a wonderful job creating modern love stories. They're not just mundane page after page of  pointless sex. I know, I know, we all love the hot and steamy, but I also need a great story as well. I want to become invested in the characters and what happens to them.  I will definitely be adding more of Simone's writings to my summer reading list.

Many thanks Sister Gurl for helping me get past y dry spell!

Much Love,

Pandora Esperanza

"After being scarred in the explosion that killed my brother, Gabriel Winters asked for my hand in marriage to save my family from financial ruin. In his mind, it was a marriage of convenience. He never saw me as anything but his best friend's little sister. In my mind, nothing was convenient. I'd always seen him as a man.

Gabriel is scarred, but not broken. He's strong, powerful, and kind. I want to be the one to open his heart to love again. On the night he finally summons me to his bedroom, I go ready and eager to give him my body and my soul. Instead, he hands me divorce papers.

I would do anything for this man, but I refuse to give in. If he wants me to sign, he is going to have to give into my demands first.

I want to know what it finally feels like to be touched by a man...



...And I want a baby."



I can’t believe this is happening. After my husband died, I never thought I’d be with another man. But fate has other plans, because the perfect man just fell into my lap. Or, more accurately, I fell into his lap. Because…he’s a Mall Santa.

I know, I know. A Mall Santa. But Pax is amazing. He makes my son happy, he makes me laugh, and beneath that fat suit is the body of a sculpted sex god. It would be a true Christmas miracle if it weren’t for one thing: This Mall Santa is hiding something, and it’s not just presents under the tree.
***
I’ve met the girl of my dreams. She thinks I’m a homeless Mall Santa, but I’m actually a billionaire. I want to tell her, but such a hardworking woman would never accept a playboy like me. Oh, and there’s also the fact that I must keep my true identity secret from my fellow elves.

My brother’s the kind of devil who’s happy to get coal in his stocking so he can feed the open flame he intends to roast you over. After bailing me out when my latest night of drunken debauchery lands me in jail, he gives me an ultimatum: hold down a job and prove myself to be a productive member of society, or lose my inheritance.

This Mall Santa gig is the first job I’ve ever had. I’m supposed to just do my time and go home, but I can’t. Something bad is going down at the North Pole, and I can’t turn my back on it. I will stand up for what’s right and become the man Cadence deserves, even if it means going up against my scrooge of a brother and putting my billions on the line..



My dream is to be an investigative reporter. Unfortunately, all I'm investigating are reality TV "stars" like Keith Jones in karaoke dive bars for a gossip column that's too skeezy to even grace the racks above the rickety conveyor belt in my local grocery store.

Then, I get my lucky break. Keith Jones, that entitled prick, gets aggressive when I rebuff his advances. And the stud who swoops in like a knight in shining armor to bar-fight for my honor is none other than the real estate mogul Nicholas Winters.

Oh man, all I can say is that those muscles he spends hours every week sculpting in the gym are not just for show. Also, he apparently hit his head a little too hard, because he's speaking with a Southern twang and says his name is "Tiny Tim."

One thing is for sure: there is no way anyone would ever call this man "Tiny." Everything on him is rock hard and huge, especially his...

Well, you get the point.


I decide to help him get to the bottom of this. As more and more synchronicities pile up, I start to wonder if Nicholas Winters has a long lost twin...and fear what would happen if the heartless billionaire woke up one morning to discover that a cowboy was the true heir to the Winters empire.




Sometimes, after your demanding boss has relentlessly worked you into the ground, you decide to let off a little steam. So you get a little drunk, and maybe even do something a little crazy.

Like crash your boss' New Years Eve charity ball and f*** him like the world's going to end.

Oops.

This is bad. Really bad. As his personal secretary, we're together 24/7. Luckily, it was a masquerade ball so he has no idea that mystery woman was me. Unluckily, as the person he trusts most in this world, he wants me to find the mystery woman who stole his...well, I wouldn't exactly say heart, but she definitely "did a few things" that "got his attention."

Oh, it is dangerous to have a powerful man like him focus all his attention on you. Especially when you're pregnant with his heir.

How is my workaholic asshole of a boss going to react when he learns he'll soon be a dad?

Maybe all this would be easier if I gave him my two weeks notice...

No comments:

Post a Comment