Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Double Header - A.L. Simpson and Cynthia Dane A Weekend To Remember

Few and far between are the times when I can just sit my butt down somewhere and dive into my reading and remain there totally uninterrupted. This past weekend was one of those times. I had taken some vacation time from work, you know that work that pays the bills *wink*, and I knew that I was going to partake in one of my top two loves, reading a romance! But instead of reading just one, I was able to power through a fabulous romance and a killer 3 book boxed set! *Color me happy*

Enough of that! Your want the skinny on the books that I read! So here you go!


The first book that read was "Born To Sin" by A.L. Simpson.  I happened to see an ad for this release on my FB page time line. I'll be honest with you, most of the time I ignore the ads, but who can resist a hot hunk of "Man Candy" shirtless, with tattoos, on a motorcycle? Ok, so you say know, someone, who knows someone who could have resisted, well that someone isn't me! *wink* anyhoo, the book was on Kindle Unlimited, so I thought what the heck, I have a subscription, free is free right?

I will tell you this, after the read, if I had to do it all over again and had to pay, I would. This is my first book by A.L. Simpson, but hopefully it won't be my last.



The main characters are from opposite ends of the spectrum, but as all romance lovers know, opposites really do attract, and yes, love can conquer all.

This is A.L. Simpson's first go round at the romance rodeo, and she is puttin' her thang down! She also has two other books to her credit. Book 2 in the Born Series "Born To Be Different", and the stand alone "AIKÄ€NE: A Special Love"


Synopsis:

HAMISH

I was born to an alcoholic mother and alcoholic, drug dealing father. Not a good start to life for a young boy. I was born to sin.

I've lied, cheated, assaulted, been an adulterer and stolen. It's how one survives the 'hood'. I have a reputation for being the 'bad boy', the fuck 'em and leave 'em type. I have never spent the night with a woman and I have never brought a woman home. We 'play' at her place and as soon as I'm done, I leave.

After fleeing my home at the age of thirteen and living on the streets - an option I found better than being with my parents, my life is turned around by an elderly lady.

I educate myself, become an award winning chef and return to the 'hood where I rent an apartment. I love and care about no-one and nothing except my Harley Motorcycle. It's here I met Jonesy and he takes my life in a whole new direction. Along with Wade, a fellow chef and the only person I can trust, the pair teach me how to love. Not only myself, but others.

BLOSSOM

I'm a wealthy Restaurateur thanks to an inheritance I received when my father passed.
I live in a penthouse apartment in the 'rich' part of the city.

Being pampered and spoiled all my life has turned me into a woman who sees something she wants and, like a dog with a bone, I won't let go until it's mine. I'm a winner. I ALWAYS win.
I don't have relationships with men. One night stands suit me just fine. I can't trust it's me they want and not my money.

I meet Hamish by chance when I'm on the hunt for a new Head Chef. He treats me like I'm not worth a second thought. I've never been treated this way and I decide at that moment, I will make Hamish mine.

Hamish has no interest in the pampered Blossom but for some reason she gets under his skin.


Then, something happens that makes him realize, he has fallen in love. Will it be too late? Will tragedy strike before he can hold her in his arms and confess his true feelings?


My next foray into written indulgence was the Dom Vs Domme Trilogy by Cynthia Dane...THIS is the BDSM trilogy that you've been waiting for!

I'l be honest with you, I've read my fair share of BDSM works, but to this point the only BDSM writing that impressed me to this degree was Rebekah Weatherspoon's "Fit Trilogy", which if you haven't read it you're seriously missing out!

Anyway, I was cruising through the suggestions that my Kindle App was making for me an I saw this title, for some reason I was drawn to the possibilities of what this story could be, so I took the bait, and I'm so glad that I did.

The series was more than I ever expected. It truly was a journey into the psyche of both characters.


IAN MATHERS

That feisty blonde making my life hell is Kathryn, a woman who seduced me twelve years ago. Seduced and left me in one of the most embarrassing situations of my life.

I don't hold a grudge. Not really. How can I when I still find myself staring at her every time she's around? How can I want her to leave my presence when all I think about is her watching my every move, studying me... wanting me?

Oh, I still want her. I need to have her like the world needs the sun. There's just one problem.

She's a Domme.

I have no idea how to seduce a woman I refuse to let control me.

KATHRYN ALISON

Ian is smug, condescending... and so stupidly handsome that I can't stop thinking about him as we work together. When the sparks fly so hot that we finally get what we've wanted for the longest decade ever, I make the greatest mistake of my life.

I propose a friendly wager that sees the loser submitting to the other for a night.

I never anticipated losing.

--EXCERPT--

He's so close that his breath tickles my chin. "That means you and I are a lot more experienced at certain things than we were, what was it, twelve years ago?"

"Okay."

"We're also better at forgiving. So, do you forgive me, Katie?"

I'm not sure what's happening. The room is spinning. Something that feels like fatigue infuses into me. I'm awake, but... what's controlling me? "Forgive you for what?"

"For that day. I forgive you."

Another swallow. My lips are so dry. "Yeah. I forgive you."

"Kiss me."

"What?"

His hand is squeezing mine so hard that I don't doubt he's bruising the both of us. It hurts. Oh, God, does it hurt. Everything. Everything hurts. My hand, my arm, my heart.

"If you believe me, kiss me."

"And what will that solve?"

There's that shrug. That smug, I-don't-really-care shrug. Except I know he totally cares right now. "Let's find out."

It would be so easy to lean forward and kiss those lips. To know how much experience he now has. To express everything I've learned in the same amount of time.

Like how I've become a Domme.

Dommes don't do this.

They're not seduced by men like Ian. They don't have the control stripped from them, at any time...

Except. Except. Isn't he giving me some control right now? He's left the ball in my court. All I have to do is pick it up and toss it back to him.

I'm in control. Anything that happens from here is because I wanted it to happen.

No regrets.

No fears.

I'm a Domme, which means I know what kind of man Ian is. No matter what happens, he'll take care of me. And I'll take care of him. Mostly that one, because I have been given control.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. Next thing I know? Boom. My whole life has changed.

And my name is muttered on my lips, Ian Mathers's tongue slipping against mine. The pain in my hand is absolutely exquisite, and I slip far, far into the comfort of something so long ago and familiar.


He's as good a kisser as the girls at school said he was.



No comments:

Post a Comment