Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Ready to Light Some Fall Fires! Rebekah Weatherspoon, Celia Aaron, Brittany Adams

The last official holiday of the summer has come and gone, the first day of fall rapidly approaching. This is the time of year that makes you want to pull out your favorite throw blanket, change your adult beverage of choice from wine to something that provides a bit more bite. You want to fire up by the fireplace and curl up with a few reads that will get those internal thermostats rising. This is where I come in. I have three excellent reads for you to add to your Fall TBR List.

We're going to start with my top pick for your list, Rebekah Weatherspoon's Sanctuary. This is book two in her Beards & Bondage Series (Book one is titled Haven). If you've been reading my reviews you'll know that I am a HUGE fan of this young lady. In my opinion she's a rising star in the romance genre. Her Beards & Bondage series is a really beautiful expansion of her already dynamic story telling abilities.

This series is a slightly darker turn from earlier works that I've read of hers. The moments of humor that are a hallmark in my eyes for Rebekah, are at times replaced with s slightly cruel irony that you find yourself smiling at any way. I also have to take just a sec to add that WHOEVER she gets to designs her covers deserves some kind of  award! There's got to be one out there somewhere, because DAMN! Now I shall digress.

This is a series that you can read as "stand alone", but my suggestion is that you read it as intended. It will make your journey that much sweeter.



The relationship that develops between the main characters Liz an Silas is one of the most beautiful that I've had the pleasure of reading in a long time. What's the saying that comes to mind, "Fake it till you make it". But alas, there will be no spoilers here. For future reference, I can't wait until book three!

GENRES: BDSM, CONTEMPORARY, EROTIC ROMANCE, ROMANTIC COMEDY, SUSPENSE | SERIES: BEARDS & BONDAGE

"When she needs a sanctuary…

Targeted by a sadistic former client, attorney Liz Lewis needs a place to lay low. When a friend offers her his family farm as a safe house, she eagerly accepts, unaware that she’ll have to share the farm with her friend’s brawny, beautiful brother, Silas McInroy.

…she invades his…

Weary of a world that doesn’t understand him, Silas just wants to be left alone to grow the best produce upstate New York has to offer. Still, he’s not going to toss a woman out when her safety is on the line. But the only way to explain her presence on his farm is to claim that they fell in love online…and the last thing he needs is a fake relationship that threatens to become more and more real every day.

With her world turned upside down and danger on her trail, Liz knows that this temporary refuge can’t last forever…but leaving the comfort and ease of Silas’s arms and farm to face the reality of her life may be the hardest thing she’s ever had to do." Rebekah Weatherspoon

*** WARNING: This book contains scenes of mild bondage and domination between a gorgeous lawyer and a sexy farmer who is terrible with women. And five farm dogs with varying degrees of loyalty to both the hero and heroine.***

Let's move on to my number two pick for your list Counselor, by Celia Aaron. This is the first book of Celia's that I've had the pleasure of reading, but it definitely won't be the last! My reading Aaron's Counselor was another luck of the draw, thanks to my Kindle. I saw it in the selections running along the bottom the screen after I had finished reading the book that's third on this list. (There is actually a prologue to this book in the series titled Sinclair and the third book in the series is Magnate and the third is Sovereign)

For those of you that know me, you know how much I'm into book covers; after all, the cover is the first thing that you see and either it draws me in, or it turns me off. I will say that while the cover didn't initially call out my name, the fact that it was a free read under my Kindle Unlimited coupled with the fact that I was in desperate need of another read had my "one click" finger going before I knew what happened. I have to tell you, this is one of the BEST random choices that I have ever made. Of course I can't give you any spoilers, but by the time I had finished I was biting my nails to get to the second one.

Celia Aaron is a masterful story teller. She has imbued this read with not only the steamy romance that we all crave, but also with an excellent blend of darkness and suspense. If you're a lover of dark romance you'll truly enjoy this series.  With that said, I'll be keeping Aaron's books in constant rotation on my carousel.

"In the heart of Louisiana, the most powerful people in the South live behind elegant gates, mossy trees, and pleasant masks. Once every ten years, the pretense falls away and a tournament is held to determine who will rule them. The Acquisition is a crucible for the Southern nobility, a love letter written to a time when barbarism was enshrined as law.

Now, Sinclair Vinemont is in the running to claim the prize. There is only one way to win, and he has the key to do it -- Stella Rousseau, his Acquisition. To save her father, Stella has agreed to become Sinclair's slave for one year. Though she is at the mercy of the cold, treacherous Vinemont, Stella will not go willingly into darkness.

As Sinclair and Stella battle against each other and the clock, only one thing is certain: The Acquisition always ends in blood." Cecilia Aaron


Last, but not least on my list is Killer by Brittany Adams. One of life's great pleasures as a reader is coming across a new author who's work I can seriously get into. I'll also be honest with you that I'm not one of those readers that will struggle through the first few chapters and hopefully get into where the author is trying to go. If you can't get me hooked at least by the end of the first chapter, I'm done. Patience has never been one of my virtues...I'm a work in progress #nojudgementzone . Killer had me hooked from the jump!

Killer is a dark erotic romance that will not disappoint. What did I enjoy best, other than the fact that the steamy scenes made me break out in the sweats? The PLOT TWIST that I did not see coming!!! And NO, I'm not going to tell you what it is, you'll have to read the book and see for yourself *wink*

The writing is quick paced, Adams get down to the "nitty gritty" straight out of the gate and she will leave you breathless.

EXCERPT - "I wrap an arm around her back and pull her close before throwing my lips on hers. A soft moan escapes her throat as I invade her mouth with my tongue. Normally, I take what I want from Kristin. But right now, I’m giving to her. Giving her everything that I feel in this kiss.


She opens her mouth and takes, too, taking my kiss as if she were starving. I lift my elbows over her shoulders and run both hands through her hair, pulling her body to me as close as I can. My dick is pushing against the towel, but for the first time, I don’t want to jam my cock inside of her. I want the desire to build. I want to feel our tongues fucking each other for a while.

And I think I want to feel what’s in her heart through this kiss.

She opens herself up to me, sighing as our mouths remain pressed together. And her hands run up my shoulders. But then I feel her body start to pull away, her back arching slightly and her lips pursing together. Her palms push against my chest and she snaps her head to the side.

“No,” she says, wincing as she struggles to free herself.

But I hold her tight. “What is it?”

“No,” she repeats, shaking her head. “No, I don’t…I can’t…”

“You can’t what?” I say, curling my fingers around her wet strands.

She looks at me, tears forming in her eyes. I can see the pain there and it’s so deep. “I don’t deserve you,” she croaks. “I don’t deserve any of this.”

She throws her hands over her face, and it shocks me so much I back away from her, placing my hands on her wrists to pull them down. I need to see her, need to tell her that I don’t care what she did. She does deserve me. Hell, depending on what she’s done to make her feel so ashamed, we probably deserve each other, in more ways than one.

“Kristin, look at me,” I say, trying to keep my voice soft and low when what I want to do is growl.

She shakes her head violently and lets her hands fall down. Tears rolling down her face, her chin quivering, she shifts her gaze behind me, her eyes going dark all of a sudden.

I twist my head to see what’s there, but there is nothing. And Kristin uses the opportunity to dart past me, practically shoving me out of the way as she sprints out of the room. I turn and launch myself forward to chase after her, but the soles of my feet are still damp, and as soon as I’m off the small rug, I lose my footing and slip on the floor.

Fortunately, I don’t totally wipe out. But the near-fall delays me enough that Kristin is several paces ahead of me. I get close and swing my hand, missing her arm by several inches.

“Kristin! Stop!”

She’s halfway down the hall, but she’s half my weight and much faster. Two-hundred and twenty-three pounds does not move very fast. I might be big enough and strong enough to stop a freight train, but I couldn’t catch one if my life depended on it.

She’s out my front door in seconds and I’m quickly falling behind her.

“Goddamn it! I said stop!”

She’s pumping her arms and I can hear her crying. And while the storm has passed, our towels are the only things separating us from the chilly air.

“Kristin! There’s nowhere to go!” I bark, my voice now becoming gravelly as I lose my patience. “Stop running before you hurt yourself!”

Just as I say it, her foot slips out from underneath her and she crashes to the ground.

“Shit,” I mutter, falling down next to her. “Are you okay?”

Her entire body is racked with sobs. And as she starts to roll over, I mount her and take her by the wrists, firmly but gently pinning her arms to the ground. She’s not fighting me this time but her face is twisted up in agony.

“Tell me where you’re hurt, Kristin.”

“I’m not,” she says, her eyes still clamped shut as tears stream down the sides of her face.

“Then what? Why did you freak out like that?”

Her chest spasms as she sucks in several gasps of air.

I slide my hands up, lacing my fingers through hers.

“You ought to know by now that nothing fazes me. Whatever it is, I can handle it.” I squeeze her hands and lower my face to hers. “For fuck’s sake, just tell me, you crazy bitch,” I growl at her.

She finally opens her eyes. Her lips fall into a frown as her gaze roams my face. It’s as if she’s worried this is the last time she will see me like this." - Brittany Adams


So there you have it my lovely bibliophiles! Make sure and add these books to your ever growing lists and subscribe to the authors pages so you can get updates! Peace out for now.

Much Love,

Pandora

If you have a book that you would like for me to review of if you're in need of a beta reader, please reach out! pandorascaja@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment