Wednesday, June 14, 2017

The Weather Is Finally Heating Up And So Is The Romance!

It has been TOO long readers, and for that I have no excuse. Life if just like that sometimes, BUT I have finally found some time (when I'm not exhausted, you know, working full time, taking care of an elderly parent, my kids, and a house. It takes a toll) to sit down and catch you up on all that is good out there in "Alphabet City".

The weather is finally getting warmer and so is the romance! There were actually a few surprises out there! So of course I had to share them with you.

I'm going to start with Rebekah Weatherspoon's Haven, the first book in her new Beards and Bondage series. As you know, Rebekah is one of my favorite authors, and while I haven't read all of her work, the ones that I have read I've thoroughly fallen in love with. Haven is no exception.

One of the main reasons that I enjoy Rebekah's work is her award winning ability to blend lovable characters, humor, and steamy sex into a story that's a true page turner. Haven was something that I just didn't expect. Like I said, I haven't read all of her work, so maybe Rebekah has other works similar to this; but Haven is a much darker type of romance than the other works that I've had the pleasure of reading.

Beards and Bondage falls in the  BDSM, Contemporary, Drama, Erotic Romance, Romance, Suspense genres.

*Personal Note* To Rebekah, thank you for what you bring to the world of romance, especially interracial romance. So many books in the BWWM realm seem to just be some thrown together, from who knows where, story where all the female character can do is simply be grateful to the billionaire boyfriend and "oops" somehow end up pregnant. Thank you for writing two characters that are strong even in their "brokenness".



Brava Chica! Brava! Looking forward to book two in the series!!

HAVEN

"A week-long getaway…

City girl Claudia Cade’s carefree life is plunged into chaos when a camping trip with her brother in the national forests of Northern California turns into a deadly dash for her survival.

A solitary world turned upside down…

Nature photographer Shepard Olsen has resigned himself to a quiet existence, with only his dog by his side, until a woman in need of his protection shows up on his doorstep and throws his universe into disarray.

Two lives linked by tragedy…

Claudia is desperate to heal from her traumatic loss, but can’t stop thinking about her run-in with evil….or the grizzled mountain man whose quick thinking and good aim saved her life. When she shows up on Shep’s doorstep again, she finds she isn’t the only one who can’t move on.

… saved by bliss.

The two begin an intense, passionate relationship of Dominance and submission, pleasure and pain, but with dark memories haunting them and decisions about the future rapidly approaching, Claudia can’t help but wonder…how long can they be each other’s haven?"


*** WARNING: This book contains a sexual relationship between a fashionista and a cranky mountain man who are dealing with physical and emotional trauma. And a very big, cuddly dog.***



Now for the next book, or should I say books, that have been occupying my time (I have to admit, when it comes to books, I think I have a bit of OCD. If I start a series and I LIKE it, then it's an impulse to read all of the books in the series before I can actually sit down and focus enough to write something. That's part of the reason it's taken me so long to actually sit down and write this article!)


The series that I'm talking about is T.S. Joyce's Red Havoc Series. This is a find that I can only thank my PnR query to my Kindle. Actually I queried Interracial PnR. I didn't like the selection that they gave me, that's another article in the making, but I did see the cover of Red Havoc Book three and I had to have it. I'm a firm believer that if the cover sucks, the book is going to suck. You can see for yourself, these book covers are begging you to peel them back and see what lies beneath *wink*

I can't leave you with an excerpt from each of the books because it would make it too long, but I will tell you that I have thoroughly enjoyed books one thru four of this series. I'm pretty sure that there's going to be a book five and yes I will be reading it. Unlike so many shifter series, the main fellas of Red Havoc aren't wealthy billionaires. These guys are barley eeking out a living in the mountains and their finally ready to meet their mates, much to their own chagrin, but find them they do. This is my first time reading anything by Joyce, and I think she's wonderful. She writes complete stories with well developed characters. There's suspense as well as the appropriate amount of serious "Good Good". Thank goodness I have my blood pressure under control.

Anyhoo! If you're a fan of PnR this is the series for you. Joyce also has several other series that I'm going to give a go. From the way they look I believe that they are linked to the Red Havoc characters.

RED HAVOC REBEL

"Kaylee Cummings is back in Covington to change her destiny. She used to be known as the town rich girl, misunderstood by everyone but one boy, Anson Carter. They’d loved hard, and then destroyed each other in their youth, so when she crashes into him again, the residual anger from what he’d done comes back ten-fold. All she has to do is stay far away from him, and follow through with her plan to change her life, but he’s reminding her exactly why she fell for him when they were teenagers. That panther shifter is trouble with a capital T, but she can’t seem to keep away from him. And he seems to be having the same problem staying away from her. Too bad what she’s really in town for could destroy them both if they aren’t careful.

Anson Carter never moved on from Kaylee. How could he? He’d picked her when they were seventeen, and then given everything for her, only to be betrayed. Now, all he can hope is to find peace in the Appalachian Mountains with a misfit, moonshiner crew of reclusive panther shifters. But when Kaylee blows back in town, his anger is hard to keep. She’s so different now, and her many secrets only make him more curious about the beautiful human he used to know. He’s drawn to her, but she’s back in their hometown for reasons that could get him and his Red Havoc Crew killed. Anson must make a choice—the girl he used to love, or the safety of the crew he’s grown to trust."


Content Warning: Explicit love scenes, naughty language, and piles of sexy shifter secrets. Intended for mature audiences.

So do yourself a well deserved favor and spend some of these hot summer nights chillin' out with Rebekah Weatherspoon and T.S. Joyce. I promise you you won't regret it.

Much Love, Pandora




No comments:

Post a Comment