Friday, January 27, 2017

Starting The Year Off Right! My Faves (List 1)

I know we're almost to the end of the first month of the new year, but there's still time for me to give a list of books that will keep your TBR List fat and happy for the next few months. I'll start with my top picks and then follow-up with my honorable mentions.



1. Rebekah Weatherspoon's
    So For Real

Let me start by saying Rebekah! Gurl! I love you and your writing!!! Please, please don't ever STOP!
*Whew* with my "Fan Girl" rant now over let's talk about Rebekah Weatherspoon's So For Real.

So For Real is the third book in the Sugar Baby novella series. This book went live on November 1, 2016. There are very few series that make me bite my nails while I'm waiting for it, but this is one of them. I just had to find out what was going on with the main characters Kayla and Michael! We have gone on a funny, sexy, loving journey with them and of course I wanted to see that happy ending. As expected Rebekah did not disappoint. Her writing is filled with well placed humor, pop your ovaries "good good", as well as creating characters that you will cry with and root for. Well done Sister Gurl!!

"Even the best laid plans can go completely off the rails…

After pulling off the perfect wedding, Kayla Davis, now Kayla Bradbury need only sit back and enjoy her wonderful life with her amazing husband, internet billionaire and NBA franchise owner, Michael Bradbury. The two are so head over heels for each other that finding creative ways to extend their honeymoon a whole year seems like the only logical next step in their fool-proof plan for happiness.

Too bad life has other ideas for the newlyweds. With personnel hiccups in her small business, a husband balancing dual CEO responsibilities, and news that there will be not one, but two unexpected additions to the Bradbury crew, Kayla needs to totally reconfigure her life if she has any hope of keeping things afloat." - Rebekah Weatherspoon 






2. Jenika Snow's 
A Mate For The Savage

Man oh man...what can I say about Jenika's work. Wait let me back track, this is definitely  not the first book that I've read by Jenika. Her Real Man series is like potato chips, you can't read just one! I'll read several in one day.

What ever kind of Alpha Male floats your boat, you'll be able to shuffle through her books and find him. But let me warn you, by the time you're finished you fall in love with all of them. Not to mention...I don't know WHERE she finds all the studs that she does to grace her covers, but the visual will give you the seats all by themselves!!

"Audrey has known that the slave traders could come for her and her family at any moment, and that time came far too soon. When her mother and brother are killed, and she’s taken to the auctions to be sold to the highest bidder, she knows she can’t live the rest of her life in sexual servitude. But when she manages to escape it isn’t freedom she finds, but a barbaric and savage man that claims she’s his in any way he sees fit.
The moment Styx sees the female he knows she’ll be his mate. She’s human, and although he has human characteristics, he isn’t of her species. But what he knows for certain, what has every part of him tense and ready, is the fact his woman will have his baby inside of her." Jenika Snow - Evernight Publishing








3. LeTeisha Newton's Phenominal

What can I say about Leteisha, she has and will always be on my list of authors that should constantly be in your book stash! She's written everything from Paranormal Romance to hard core down and dirty dark erotica, just choose your pleasure. Leteisha is one of the most diverse writers that I've come across in a very long time.






"I saw her when my face looked like ground meat.

She had one shoe, lost to the world, fragile, ad so fucking beautiful I couldn’t look away.

And then she asked me to take her home. To take away the pain.

It was dangerous to make such a request. Not knowing who I was. What I could do. But I took her home. Did what she asked. And fell in love with her. Fell in love with the broken girl who twisted me up inside. Taught me I was worth believing in. Showed me that I didn’t have to lose in the ring anymore, because she gave me the strength to fight harder.

And then I lost her…

I’ve got to get her back. Fight for her. Win. Take what’s mine, and keep her." LeTeisha Newton


4. L.J. Shen's Vicious (Sinner of Saint #1)

This is my greatest find of the month!! I hadn't heard of L.J. Shen until I saw an add on my FB timeline for her book Vicious, book one in the Sinner of Saint series. As per my usual, I looked at the smokin' hot cover and said to myself, "What the heck, let's give it a go." I was hooked from page one!! I curled up on my couch with my Kindle App a nice glass of marsala and went to work. Let me tell you! L.J. gives you well developed characters, a stunning story line and of course five star "Good Good".  I plan on pushing the limits of my Kindle App by purchasing all the books in this series and anything else that she's written. (There is a Sinner of Saint 0.5 novella available, but it's not necessary to read this before enjoying Vicious).

With that said, It's a pleasure to meet you L.J., you're books are going to be a part of my wheel house for many years to come!


"Emilia

They say love and hate are the same feelings experienced under different circumstances, and it’s true. 
The man who comes to me in my dreams also haunts me in my nightmares. 
He is a brilliant lawyer. 
A skilled criminal. 
A beautiful liar. 
A bully and a savior, a monster and a lover. 
Ten years ago, he made me run away from the small town where we lived. Now, he came for me in New York, and he isn’t leaving until he takes me with him. 

Vicious

She is a starving artist. 
Pretty and evasive like cherry blossom. 
Ten years ago, she barged into my life unannounced and turned everything upside down. 
She paid the price. 
Emilia LeBlanc is completely off-limits, my best friend’s ex-girlfriend. The woman who knows my darkest secret, and the daughter of the cheap Help we hired to take care of our estate. 
That should deter me from chasing her, but it doesn’t. 
So she hates me. Big fucking deal. 
She better get used to me." L.J. Shen

So there you have it!! My top picks to warm up your winter reading! Now for my honorable mentions. Please don't get it twisted, these are honorable mentions but they are all off the chain as well. Happy reading!!

Much Love,

Pandora







No comments:

Post a Comment