Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Celia Aaron Acquisition Series - The Best Dark Romance That You're Not Going To Want To Read


Today wasn't the best of day for me, (courtesy of seasonal allergies) but I couldn't let the day come to and end without getting through this book review. My last review touched on book one of this series, Counselor, but now I've finished the entire series and it's without a doubt been one of the toughest reads that I've had in a very, very long time; but not for the reasons that you might think.

I need to take a minute to tell you a little about about me in order for you to get the jist of where I'm going to go with this review. I'm the kind of person that loves to ride the highest, fasted roller-coaster that you have, but I'm going to scream the entire time. I love suspense films, but I'm going to cover my eyes and the intense parts. I've even been known to hit pause on a film just to take a smoke break to calm my nerves down! With that said, Celia Aaron's Acquisition Series was better that any roller coaster that I've ever been on!


via GIPHY



I am an unabashed lover of all things romance, especially dark romance. There's a time and place for the basic frilly kind, but I like the endorphin boost that only a dark romance can give. But Celia Aaron gives you that and so much more!!!

The Acquisition Series is comprised of 3 books Counselor, Magnate, ans Sovereign (4 if you include the title Sinclair, which is a prologue to the series). Each one brings a unique set of thrill points. You think you'll be able to predict what's going to happen, but you can't! Yes, there's plenty of the "Good Good", but Aaron uses it to masterfully drive the main plot forward, so it enhances the story rather that making the reader feel that the sex is just thrown in there just to be able to increase sales.

I read the entire series in order. For the serious reader, you can probably get through each book in about and hour if you have uninterrupted time; but like I said,  had to take a few breaks just so I could handle the suspense!

When I got the end of book three, Sovereign, I was SO glad that it was finished, but at the same time I wanted more. Which by the way Celia, there is definitely more that can be added to this saga!!!! PULEEEEASE!!


via GIPHY

Anyhoo...I digress...back to the review. For all of you that have a brave heart and enjoy a serious thrill wrapped in steamy dreamy, then this is the series for you. I have plans to read all of the other books/series that Celia has available. I think I just might start with....

Dark Protector





So that's all for now, but I'll be back soon! Much Love, Pandora

DARK PROTECTOR

"From the moment I saw her through the window of her flower shop, something other than darkness took root inside me. Charlie shone like a beacon in a world that had long since lost any light. But she was never meant for me, a man that killed without remorse and collected bounties drenched in blood.
I thought staying away would keep her safe, would shield her from me. I was wrong. Danger followed in my wake like death at a slaughter house. I protected her from the threats that circled like black buzzards, kept her safe with kill after kill.
But everything comes with a price, especially second chances for a man like me. 
Killing for her was easy. It was living for her that turned out to be the hard part.

Author's Note: This is a full-length romance novel. It's not a super-dark read, no trigger warning. Explicit violence and hot sex included. HEA, no cheating." Celia Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment