Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Catching Up On All My Delicious Reading

Thanksgiving is over and it's time to move on to the gift giving holidays. There is no better gift than the written word. Over the next few weeks, for all you steamy romance readers, I'll be posting the reads that I think are five star, I may even mention a few notables. Any and/or all of these books will make perfect gifts for your friends who are into reading Good Good, or you can stuff your own stocking with something a little bit naughty and and nice. There's something to be said for self gratification! With that said let's get started.

First on that #TBR/Gift list should be Roses's Thorns by LeTeisha Newton. Rose's Thorns is the second in the "Happily Never Happened" series. The first book in the series is Sin's Pleasure, see my write up here. Pandora's Picks for October: LeTeisha Newton, Heather Killough Walden, Kym Grosso, and Crymsyn Heart

Rose's Thorns is the "Little Red Riding Hood" story turned on it's sexy head.

"If you lost your Happily Ever After because the man of your dreams died, who could ever chase the nightmares away?
Rose has taken care of her pack for decades, and is fine surviving just for them. That was until Tatiana, Fairy Godmother, shows up to fix her greatest mistake—killing Rose’s Big Bad Wolf. Now Rose’s Dimitri is back, but he isn’t completely the man she has always loved. He now has two souls that are destined to love her, and fighting to figure out who he truly is—all while setting her afire and nearly burning her place of business down, literally.
Is Rose strong enough to make their love survive even death, or will her thorns push away the only man who could ever tame her?" - LeTeisha Newton

Personally, LeTeisha Newton is one of my go to erotic romance writers. I have NEVER read one of her works and been disappointed. Honestly I don't know how she does it, but I want to thank what or whoever her muse may be.



Second on my list is also from LeTeisha Newton, it's called Seer's Burden. Two words, OFF. THE. CHAIN! What I enjoy the most about Newton is that no matter how many paranormal/shifter series she writes, her characters and story lines are never redundant. There is always a twist, turn, or just that little something extra that she ads to her characters to make each unique.

"My name is Eris Herrington, and I make my living through the pain and suffering of others.

Every item I touch tells me a story, shows me a painful end. But I get results, I solve crimes, and I get even. It's enough for me. Humans don't like my kind—STRANDs, created by humans through scientific experiments—but they'd hate to know how many other creatures came out publicly under our name. So we police our own to keep the boogeymen from getting free. I help keep humans safe, and you better thank me for it.

And then I was tricked into a case I wasn't prepared to handle. Attached to a man that I couldn't help but fall for...and everyone is a liar. I'm trapped, drawn, and seduced by his world and his words. I can't stop from holding on to him. This case is tearing me up, and he's my only safe harbor. But can I trust a man who can lie to the girl who sees everything? - LeTeisha Newton

I don't know..."

*Previously Published as Murder by Ritual, Seer's Burden has been heavily edited.

I'm looking forward to Newton writing a second book in this series, there's just too many characters that have a story that needs to be told!

Third on my list was a sequel that had me salivating! Kym Grosso's much awaited Jax. Jax is the seventh book in the Immortals of New Orleans series. All of Kym's works can be enjoyed as a stand alone, but I highly suggest that you start from book one and read your way through.

"Agrestis Wolves' Alpha, Jax Chandler, is on a mission to exact retribution after being captured and tortured by an enigmatic adversary. When the sophisticated publishing mogul rescues a beautiful wolf, he recognizes the woman he'd once believed to be his mate. Captivated, he sets out to discover her secrets and teaches her to embrace submission.

With Alpha blood running through her veins, Katrina Livingston's shifter magic has been systematically stolen over time. On the run from demonic forces, she turns to the striking New York Alpha, the one she's both hurt and protected. As she indulges in his erotic world, she struggles to resist the instinct to mate with Jax, a bond she believes will kill him.

From New York to New Orleans, Jax and Katrina embark on a dark and sensual adventure, discovering sorcery that could eradicate his entire pack. With their lives in danger, they search for clues to release her from the ominous prophesy. Will they survive the predator that comes ever closer to destroying their lives? And will Jax acknowledge the bond to a woman he never imagined he could trust to be his mate?" - Kym Grosso

*Warning: This book contains several erotic love scenes, including a m/f/m ménage, and is intended for adult readers only.

My fourth and fifth suggestions are both by the same author. These very well done reads are going to fall into my notables. Noelle's Rock and Noelle's Rock 2 by Theresa Hodge. Two very enjoyable reads and an excellent series. Well done Theresa!




These are my faves that I've read during the last few weeks. Just a heads up, if you visit these authors websites, you can subscribe to their updates. You'll never again miss a great read!

Before I go, here's a quick list of the books that are up next on my #TBR list.

1. S.K. Lessly - Desired Too
2. Sienna Minx  - Chosen
3. S.E. Lund - The Agreement

I'll let you know how they read! Until then,

Much Love,

Pandora











No comments:

Post a Comment