Wednesday, December 30, 2015

New Year, New Great Reads

In less than 48 hours the world will be ringing in the new year, readying themselves to write down this years list of glorious resolutions, hopefully this year one of your resolutions will be, "read more". THIS is a resolution that is easy to manage, fun, and will help to expand your horizons.

As you know, I'm a hot and steamy romance kind of gal, but I also enjoy fantasy and fiction. There is a plethora of literature out there so there's definitely something for everyone. Reading expands the mind in a way that very little else can. Through the well written word we can be transported through time, space, and emotion.

With 2016 just a few hours away, I already have a list of favorite authors and books that I'm psyched to start the year with, so here you go!

1. J.R. Ward - One of my all time favorites!! J.R. ward has had me hooked for years. While there is plenty of hot and steamy romance in her writings, romance in not the central focus of her writings. Currently J.R. has three series of books out there, "The Fallen Angels", "The Black Dagger Brotherhood", and "Bourbon Kings".

2. Sherrilyn Kenyon - Another of my serious go to authors. I do have to warn you though, Sherrilyn has several series to choose from and many of them actually intersect with one another. Before you pick up one of her books, do your homework and make sure that you start with book one, not book one of a particular series, but her very first book and then go from there. The "Dark Hunter" series is where you want to start.  Her website has a downloadable reading list booklet to help guide you Sherrilyn Kenyon Reading Guide . I actually printed the list and worked my way through, that's what's worked best for me over the years.

3. Rebekah Weatherspoon - Rebekah was a great find for me in 2015 and I'm looking forward to her 2016 release "Soul to Keep", which will be the newest edition to her "Vampire Sorority Sister" series. I will say that my favorite series from Rebekah thus far is her "Fit Series" 10 thumbs up for this series.

4. LeTeisha Newton - LeTeisha is another bright and shining star in the making, and I'm bringing in February 2016 with her up coming release "One Hour Girl". Yes, LeTeisha has proven herself a force to be reckoned with, but with "One Hour Girl" she is taking the next steps in her evolution. This is not a release that you want to miss! If you already read her work you will be awestruck, if you've never read any of her work you will immediately become I fan.

So there you have it, my top picks to start 2016 off with a bang....pun very much intended.

Much Love and Happy New Year!

Pandora


No comments:

Post a Comment